Lobbying and Influencing Policy
- Promote the rights of the care industry by actively lobbying for transformation and contributing to policy processes on national and regional levels.
- Partner with national and international organisations to advance the interests of its members and to place the care industry at the top of corporate social agendas.
Clearinghouse for Information
- Provide access to the latest best-practice guidelines, research, technology, products and specialist services including regular updates, new developments and amendments to legislation.
- Initiate research and collate benchmarking data on organisational issues.
- Launch a 24-hour helpline and enlist the services of a national ombudsman.
Networking and Partnerships
- Create platforms for its members, partners and sponsors to exchange views and ideas.
- Establish special-interest groups in areas such as HR, finance, IT, quality assurance and governance to promote sustained quality-care outcomes.
Learning and Development
- Collaborate with learning institutions to provide accredited skills development and training via seminars, conferences, webinars and study tours.
- Interface with members and other role players through an interactive website to promote meaningful dialogue.
- Harness the power of the media to increase awareness and improve standards at all levels in the care industry.